This position is responsible for managing the design, development and implementation of experiences that promote learning online, virtually, and in person through Great Clips University. This position is also responsible for managing the development of launch plans, resources, and communications to ensure the successful roll out, understanding and adoption of the Great Clips University Learning Management System (GCU) across the Great Clips system by franchisees, GMs, salon staff, and corporate staff.
- Develops project plans and manages learning projects to ensure the end product meets the owner’s objectives, the user’s needs, and has a positive impact on the system. This includes planning and managing large- and small-scale learning projects including scoping, budgeting, design, development, and release planning and communication.
- Manages the GCU team in the development, implementation, and evaluation of instructionally sound training experiences, courses, programs, and related materials to develop the skills, knowledge and abilities required to support the Great Clips system. This includes learning experiences that can be delivered online, virtually, or in person.
- Manages the development, execution, and deployment of the launch plans for GCU. Identifies opportunities for increased user knowledge and engagement with GCU and develops and executes plans. Presents and delivers education via webinars and live meeting functions with passion and energy. Manages the testing process, conducts project planning analysis, and develops contingency plans to ensure successful launches.
- Acts as a resource for other departments to integrate learning best practices into their department plans and projects. Consults on the best learning format to reach the owner’s objectives. Balances requests and the team’s priorities to ensure high-impact projects have priority.
To land this job you will need to show your proven ability to:
- Skill in designing and developing e-learning, virtual, and in person programs, tools, activities, and related materials that communicate the intended purpose, are understood by the audience and are creative and stimulating. Experience designing courses for the Apple environment.
- Knowledge of and skill in using the design and layout features of software applications including Storyline, Camtasia, Captivate, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Video and audio software experience preferred.
- Project management experience including scoping, budgeting, project planning & tracking, release planning, and cross-functional team management.
- Experience working with a remote team using agile development practices.
- Knowledge of and skill in using and leveraging learning management systems, and/or software as a service.
- Ability to present complex technology in a user-friendly manner that encourages user understanding and excitement about the product and increases engagement and adoption of Great Clips University.
- Skill in identifying resources, collecting, and reviewing pertinent information, and using this information to develop training materials and related information.
- Knowledge of the budget planning and review process; ability to interpret budget reports and provide explanations for variances.
- Ability to use correct and consistent grammar, punctuation, semantics, and style in all written communications.
- Written and verbal communication skills.
- A candidate would have a bachelor’s degree in education, instructional design or related field, 5+ years’ experience managing a team, managing the instructional design function, and project management, or a combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge. MA preferred.
- This position supervises the GCU team within Learning & Development, including the GCU Content Administrator, Lead Instructional Designer, and an Instructional Designer.
Your Work Environment
Our corporate headquarters are in Bloomington, MN. Our approach to work environment focuses on the balance between teamwork and flexibility which means that you have the choice to work predominately remote (besides monthly in office Connection Days and potential in person team meetings) or in the office based on your personal needs. Our office has lots of natural light, hydraulic desks for standing or sitting and many other amenities, so we are sure you will enjoy your office time as much as working remotely.
Ability to travel as requested (less than 10%) and work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends.
- Ability to drive for results, focus on the customer and build realistic plans.
Using a Thoughtful Approach
- Having the ability to think strategically, demonstrate agility, think creatively, apply financial acumen and promote teamwork.
Working with People
- Excited to build partnerships, model ethical performance, communicate with impact and influence others.
- Attract, develop, manage and retain top talent through mentoring, training, feedback and coaching to a manager’s direct, indirect and cross-functional teams.
What We Offer
We offer a competitive salary, health benefits, wellness programs, a company-matching 401K and tuition assistance but some perks that set us apart are:
A focus on your development. We want to know what your dreams and aspirations are and hope to find ways of Great Clips helping you along in your journey. Your personalized development plan will create a path for your growth and promotion potential.
A GREAT culture. One of the most frequent compliments you will hear about Great Clips from employees, franchisees and business partners alike is that Great Clips has a GREAT culture. Our belief is that we are strongest together and therefore find it important to have an inclusive, diverse work culture. Though we embrace our differences, we all share in our 6 core values; we are kind, we listen and earn trust, we keep it simple, we focus on execution, we exceed expectations and WE MAKE IT FUN.
A spirit of ideas and innovation. Here at Great Clips, we have a competitive lead within our industry. Though we hold a strong position, we never stop pushing ourselves forward and continue to look for new ways of delivering a powerful and enduring brand.
About Great Clips
With more than 4,100 franchised salons throughout the United States and Canada, Great Clips is the world’s largest haircutting salon brand. Our salon owners and corporate staff are dedicated to our salon communities with a focus on philanthropic and volunteer activities.
If interested in applying, please click HERE